Blog Archive

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Noah Took Seven

Ephesians 5:16-17
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.


Noah took seven into the ark to be saved by God. Noah worked by faith and preached destruction to those around him. He preached for years and years and yet he took only seven.

A little girl died last night. Her name was Madyson and she was four. I did not know Madyson but I heard on the news that she died as result of being thrown against the wall repeatedly by her mother’s boyfriend. It makes me cry to even write it. Those who examined Madyson said there was evidence of other abuse, long term abuse. How long term can it be when you’re four? It’s pretty long if you don’t live past four.
This isn’t the first of these reports I have heard and it probably won’t be the last. This moment there are tortures being done to people by other people; things we dare not think too much about.
My first inclination when I began to hear this report on the news was to not listen. I knew it would grieve my heart so much to think about what that little innocent may have thought and felt in her short life. Granted, no one is innocent before God, but the helpless are the innocents of our world. How hungry she would have been for her mother’s love and embrace only to find out her mother was not willing to help or protect her. Possibly all she ever knew of men was what she knew of her murderer. My heart can hardly bear the pain of all that reality. But that is the reality of the world we live in.
I didn’t want to listen but thought I must listen. I felt that God would have me hear it. This is the evil that He will destroy. This is the world. Do I want to be a part of that? No!!
Suddenly the promise of God to destroy this world seemed very clear and cleansing to me. Suddenly, I was gladder than ever to be able to say, “I am not a part of that, this is not my home.” The line between Jesus and the world seemed very real and good to me. I ask my Lord to come soon. I ask with the knowledge that He is not slow in coming but is being patient toward us. His people will be brought in before he comes to claim us all and cleanse this rotting earth. He is being patient. He has people here who haven’t heard how to get home yet.
What does that do for little Madyson? Not a thing, I suppose. And what will all the teddy bears and candles and tears in the world do? Even more nothing. But if I tell people how to get home through Jesus, another little “Madyson” might hear and when someone throws her into a wall she will have a real place to hide in Jesus and if she dies from it she will be in His arms forever. Or maybe a mother will hear and protect her baby or maybe a boyfriend will hear and teach about Jesus. If I don’t speak but just categorize those news reports as something I can’t stomach…well, God will still be patient and He will wait until the cup is full and all His people are in the ark of Jesus.
Noah only got to take seven – we can take many more!

No comments:


About Me

I met Jesus in March 1997 and soon after I began the practice of writing things down that were happening in my life with the Lord. Over the years, in the rare times that I have looked back into older journals, I have found that the things the Lord was showing me then are the same things He is showing me now. This does not make them less helpful, on the contrary, it makes them more helpful. God is exactly who He says He is and is doing all that He said He would. We need to be reminded of God and His faithfulness. The intention of this blog is to encourage God's people to continue and to grow in their confidence in Jesus Christ. The things posted here are from my journal and are meant to be an example of God's love and help as He loves and helps me. I would expect that you would have reason to trust Jesus Christ with your life (and death) if you haven't heard about Him so I invite you to go to my page "About Jesus" to see why you can and should have every confidence in Jesus and Jesus only for all things.