Blog Archive

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jesus is Coming

Jesus is Coming....

AND HE WANTS HIS CHILDREN!

Phil. 2:17
Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad

The purposes of God have been on my mind alot lately. I think alot about living for Jesus and not myself. I read a verse like this and can see that the Apostle Paul knew something of living for the purposes of Christ. I want that! How high, how grand, how.....overwhelming - if it is to be real. All the high and holy thoughts come crashing into the everyday. The purposes of God; obedience. It doesn't sound so glamourous when we say obedience. Well, if we are going to live for the purposes of God, we will encounter spiritual battles. Spiritual battle without obedience is like fighting with no arms.

Obedience is not an option - clear conscience or not. It is a matter of survival. We look forward to Jesus's coming with eagerness. That is strength and food. But today the enemy prowls, the flesh entices and the world hates. In every day matters, the purposes of God can seem too high, too far away. But they are never nearer or clearer than in the simple tasks that take up the moments of a single day.

We ought to spend less time acknowledging the sinful flesh and more time resisting it. We ought to spend less time whining and more time praying. We ought to spend less time wondering when we will get an "opportunity" to preach the gospel and a little more time loving someone other than ourselves. We ought to spend less time trying to escape our troubles and more time embracing them.

Jesus is serious about His purposes. He is set on completing His every word. The Devil is serious in keeping you from living for God. Jesus is serious about calling in the children of heaven from every nation. He is serious about building His church for the glory of His name. He is coming...He wants His children...and He will have them. How serious are you?

No comments:


About Me

I met Jesus in March 1997 and soon after I began the practice of writing things down that were happening in my life with the Lord. Over the years, in the rare times that I have looked back into older journals, I have found that the things the Lord was showing me then are the same things He is showing me now. This does not make them less helpful, on the contrary, it makes them more helpful. God is exactly who He says He is and is doing all that He said He would. We need to be reminded of God and His faithfulness. The intention of this blog is to encourage God's people to continue and to grow in their confidence in Jesus Christ. The things posted here are from my journal and are meant to be an example of God's love and help as He loves and helps me. I would expect that you would have reason to trust Jesus Christ with your life (and death) if you haven't heard about Him so I invite you to go to my page "About Jesus" to see why you can and should have every confidence in Jesus and Jesus only for all things.