Blog Archive

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Don't make me tell you.....

Don't make me tell you... how awesome in power, brilliant in knowledge, favorable in friendship is God Almighty in Christ Jesus.


Don't make me tell you of the "silly" little things He does in "small" ways to show His kindness, love, friendship, understanding, generosity.

Don't compel me to try to convince you that God actually does know what we need and that he cares about our needs AND that He takes pleasure in not only meeting our most basic needs but fulfilling our desires - small and large.

You say that you know God cares but that He will mostly likely teach you your lessons of His love with the harshest of circumstances.

You say that you know He can help with your situation but that the need is probably not dire enough for His intervention.

You say you know He will meet your needs but you are really afraid that He won't.

You say you know the verse about first seeking the kingdom of God first "and all these things" will be added to you, but in reality you think it is a trick.

You force me into it. Now mind you - this is only my personal point of perspective. But after all, I am the one writing the blog.

There have been a few times here in the big city of Guadalajara when I thought "I have got to get out of this city". I didn't want to be anyplace else and I am extremely grateful for God's provision. But having not spent much time in large cities, I find them a little stifling and was really craving some space and quiet.

When we took our trip to Colorado. God arranged for us to stay at a ranch; big, beautiful and quiet with a great view of the mountains and Christian fellowship. I could not have asked for anything better.

One time a friend of a friend who works at a very fancy shoe place, offered all the wives of the missionaries in training a chance to order shoes for free. Well, I didn't order any because I wasn't there when she said it and I thought I probably did not need new shoes.

Someone else who ordered shoes got the wrong size and could not send them back so she gave them to me. In the cold in Colorado and also here in Guadalajara, I have worn them almost every day. I never would have bought such nice expensive shoes.

While we were in Colorado it was very cold. I had thought for a minute it would really be nice to have some jeans since the long pants I had were not so comfortable. I did not want to buy jeans because I don't wear them much in Mexico when the weather is warm so thought it would be foolish to spend the money.

When I visited my sister, she just happened to have two brand new pair of jeans that just happened to be my exact size. She asked if I wanted them because she did not. I wore them every day in Colo and when we returned to Guadalajara it was cooler than we expected so I wear them here also.

Also when we were in Colorado and my skin was dry to falling off because of the arid cold, I considered buying my favorite expensive lotion. We went to the shop to pick up a few gifts for some lady friends of mine here in Guadalajara. I resisted the temptation to buy some for myself and was quite happy with my conclusion that I really did not need to spend $10.00 + on lotion. I didn't give it another thought.

Until the day before we left, MaryAnne at the Shamrock Ranch made the short trip to Jeannette's, where we stayed, and gave me two bottles of my favorite lotion and it was one of my favorite scents. She is very sweet and she brought some snacks for our drive and said she had so much of this lotion that had been given to her she thought I might like some. It reminded me of a friend of mine whom I have heard say "I feel like God loves me best".


I could go on and on; seriously it is hard to stop. There are several more of these just from this trip alone - not to mention every day life. But I won't trouble you anymore with what you already know. God cares and He acts on behalf of those who love Him. Which are who? Those whom He has loved first. If the Father has loved you by revealing His son to you and the Son has loved you by revealing the Father to you and reconciling you to Him - you have been first loved by God and so are one who loves Him.

The point of this is NOT that we should be sad if God does not choose to give us a new pair of shoes today or even to pay our bills in the way and time we think He ought to. The point is that if God will pour out gifts; "unnecessary" gifts and favors not asked for, will He not answer to the cry of the needs of His children? He will. He does.

Isaiah 49:15-16 Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.


No comments:


About Me

I met Jesus in March 1997 and soon after I began the practice of writing things down that were happening in my life with the Lord. Over the years, in the rare times that I have looked back into older journals, I have found that the things the Lord was showing me then are the same things He is showing me now. This does not make them less helpful, on the contrary, it makes them more helpful. God is exactly who He says He is and is doing all that He said He would. We need to be reminded of God and His faithfulness. The intention of this blog is to encourage God's people to continue and to grow in their confidence in Jesus Christ. The things posted here are from my journal and are meant to be an example of God's love and help as He loves and helps me. I would expect that you would have reason to trust Jesus Christ with your life (and death) if you haven't heard about Him so I invite you to go to my page "About Jesus" to see why you can and should have every confidence in Jesus and Jesus only for all things.