Blog Archive

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday

This morning I asked the Lord, "why have I not heard from you?" It seemed to me that He answered, "You know, you are only being religious. You say you are seeking me but your mind is on everything else. If you want to get up and drink coffee and daydream and mull over all your plans and problems, go ahead, but don't pretend that you are seeking my company. Don't think on everything else, including your religious duties and desires and then blame me for not speaking to you." OUCH!

"Mommy, what does the church do?" From my daughter. Immediately I thought about what the church does as opposed to what the church is supposed to do. I told her it is the body of Christ; all who believe and trust on Jesus. "I know, she answered, but what does it do?" I told her we were to get together and worship God by helping each other and by working together to bring the good news of Jesus to those who have not heard. Thankfully, I was able to give her a couple examples. Then we went to church.

We sang alot and many people seemed to really enjoy the music. Then the man got up and said he was going to talk about the Passover but spent alot of time talking about families, which was very nice but had nothing to do with the text he kept referring to. So we were all encouraged to make our families the center of our lives and Jesus the center of our families. Then we all got a snack and went home.

God does not delight in hypocrisy.

Heb 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

No comments:


About Me

I met Jesus in March 1997 and soon after I began the practice of writing things down that were happening in my life with the Lord. Over the years, in the rare times that I have looked back into older journals, I have found that the things the Lord was showing me then are the same things He is showing me now. This does not make them less helpful, on the contrary, it makes them more helpful. God is exactly who He says He is and is doing all that He said He would. We need to be reminded of God and His faithfulness. The intention of this blog is to encourage God's people to continue and to grow in their confidence in Jesus Christ. The things posted here are from my journal and are meant to be an example of God's love and help as He loves and helps me. I would expect that you would have reason to trust Jesus Christ with your life (and death) if you haven't heard about Him so I invite you to go to my page "About Jesus" to see why you can and should have every confidence in Jesus and Jesus only for all things.